Cleaner Air for Scotland
A dedicated CAFS page is currently being developed for the Air Quality in Scotland website. If you have queries about any of the CAFS work in the meantime please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A series of Low Emission Strategy (LES) working groups were set up, intended to support development of the LES (now re-branded as Cleaner Air for Scotland, or CAFS) by:
- Providing comment on the LES in its draft form and providing guidance on how to progress the LES further towards its publication.
- Possibly help drive delivery of the LES actions beyond the LES publication date (format TBC).
Each working group provides feedback to the Scottish Urban Air Quality (SUAQ) Steering Group, who provide overall leadership and coordination for the working groups. Each working group is chaired by a member of the SUAQ SG, or by an associated professional appointed by the group. Working Group membership is made up of a diverse range of representatives from national/local government, local authorities, academia, business/industry and public and third sectors.
LES Proactive Consultation
As part of the attempt to conduct as wide-ranging and proactive a consultation on the LES as possible, a series of telephone interviews together with an online survey were conducted by the environmental knowledge broker Sniffer. We wanted to engage a broad range of stakeholders, not only to get their feedback on the draft LES, but also to gauge appetite and resources required for delivery of the strategy. It was felt that offering alternatives and additional opportunities to a formal written consultation would help to achieve this.
Broadly the aims of this process were:
- To engage with organisations and individuals who are influencers and decision makers in supporting delivery of the LES.
- To gather direct evidence on support for the LES actions (strengths/weaknesses/areas for improvement).
- To raise awareness of the LES consultation, and encourage response and input.
Sniffer also ran a facilitated workshop with key stakeholders to discuss all of the responses recieved through both the formal consultation process, and the extended consultation interviews and survey. Reports from the proactive consultation and workshop can be viewed here.